Saturday, March 26, 2011

Alix Rituals Research

- Lengthening in pairs (choice)
- Removal of outer layer of street clothes (rehearsal garb ready)
- Warm-ups/rituals in underwear

I don't know if we need to do the whole song, but I'd like to invoke Ganesh:
I have the mp3. I'd like to sing a portion of it. Perhaps I could sing it and also chant the chakras, touching them on each of us to open them. Visualize/physicalize strong elephants unhindered and full of power.


I'd also like to invoke Dionysus, as he's my other "patron" God. Could be something simple like,
"I pray to the loud-crying God to release my body, release my mind, release to the holy dance!" This might be where I'd like to wear and small set of antlers or something.

Maybe we could each put on our rehearsal garb at appropriate times for us through our opening rituals. Slowly accepting our roles and transforming into devised mentality.

- I'd like us to each re-enter the space to begin whatever ritual sequence we come up with, each from one door in Studio when possible, and move in a pattern of first straight lines around the outer edge of the rehearsal space. Or maybe lie in the center, lengthen, then return to our corners and begin whatever movement stuff we want to do.

- Personal chant:
"I am sacred, I am secret, I am open, I am incredibly large, I am safe, I am warm and filled with LIGHT." (mehhhh? somethin'.)

- It would probably be good to have an open dance section at some point. Building, for sure.  Maybe beginning with walking/running in beat, clapping, whooping!

No comments:

Post a Comment